Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Headed for Israel today!

Ask The Pastor: How it got started
E-mail your questions
Master List of Articles


We're headed out for Israel this morning, flying out of Chicago. Can't wait to have our feet hit the ground there again, on this our third trip.

We'll see some new sites this time, like the dig at Dan and some other things, and we'll stay in some new places.

I remember our first trip, provided for us by some friends through Northwest Baptist Seminary of Chicago. While I had thought for years about going, the idea of travling there had not been a huge desire for me. The Lord walks with us wherever we are, so being in the Holy Land wasn't going to make a big difference in that.

But my interest in travel to Israel changed in a heartbeat when we arrived at the first archaeological site in Caseara, on the Mediterranean. After about 3 minutes I looked over at my wife and said, "Honey, we have to get a group togther and come back here! This is amazing!"

And we did. The next year we were back again with a group of 30 that I hosted. And then a few years later we went to Greece/Turkey/Rome on a "Footsteps of Paul" tour that I organized and led.

Its been awhile since we have been to Israel and we are greatly looking forward to it. If you ever get a chance to go, don't pass it up. It will be the trip of a life time, believe me. It is an amazing, amazing place.

I'll get caught up here when I return after the 25th.

Shalom!

Gordon

No comments: